Beta 5 – had been for download.
The bin file was 32632 bytes long, missing still:
- final music
- some soundeffect
- options menu
- some texts
I am not sure what I will do – optimizing is well and nice – but not for thousands of bytes.
Either I will shorten some of the planned or already implemented stuff – or I might do a 64k – bankswitched module. But from what I know most multicards and flashcards might have problems with that – I am not amused :-0.
I have (for trial purposes) already build a bankswitched version – but as of yet decided against it. The music is still the beta version so until I get the final version – no final decision will be made.
Changes from last beta (I think – I am confused as to what was in the last beta…).
- gameplay gets difficult more slowly – the game is as hard as ever – but later 🙂
- there are new enemy behaviours new to the scene which I call “raids” and “squadrons” – you will see what I mean
- possibly new sound effects
- starfield animation
- high score screen, and persistency (VecFever and DS 2431 chip), if played from a FLASH card make sure you have a button pressed till the in game title screen of Release appears
- title screen with an animated RELEASE and a scrolltext with (yes – now I say it) a (in runtime) clipped vectorfont for SMOOTH scrolling
- ending “scene” – so there is now doubt your base was destroyed!
- game over message (I know it is a boastable feature for a simple message) which consists of (in runtime) in all directions rotated vectorfonts
Ah yes – and still everything in 50Hz!
Grab it while it is hot and not removed :-):
— withdrawn — not the up to date version anymore!
That was the last beta Release!
(Highscore with exactly that version, one game tried ~ 90000)